Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rednecks

Well, you had to know this post was coming sooner or later. Being in Tennessee, I am surrounded by rednecks. Not hillbillies. (the difference being rednecks are rude, racist, sexist, stupid and lazy) I work with them at my job. Let me tell you, I am amazed some make it to the age of 30. I figured someone would have shot them or they would have died because of an alcohol related ailment.

These person at my job had the nerve to lecture me on what my job was. (This particular redneck was a "temp" worker, where I am a full time - hired on) I just kept thinking to myself "Who the hell do you think you are telling me what my job is?" This is the general behavior of rednecks.

In the workplace, they are lazy, back-stabbing, manipulative and just plain stupid. They believe that their opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. Most of them claim to believe in the bible, but only follow the parts they agree with. (Eye for an Eye) They like to think that because they go to church that somehow this makes them holier than everyone else.

Then you have the rednecks that claim to know everything about everything. (These are the ones who really get on my nerves) Any topic being discussed, they will jump in and talk down to everyone else. It could be sports, religion, politics, food anything. They know more about than you and everyone else.

That brings me to the political rednecks. These people are dangerous. For one they have a vote and usually use it. (unfortunately) The bad part about it is that they don't follow politics, they just vote for republicans. (whoever the canidate may be) I have heard some of the most awful things from rednecks about Democrats. Lets see - "I wont vote for Hillary -she's a woman and a woman has no business running our country." , "Obama - he's just a #@%$^#." , "Democrats want to take my guns away so I won't vote for them." , "If we ever elected Obama I would shoot him." You get the picture. These people are racist, sexist, morally corrupt and stupid. Anyone who casts a blind vote or votes "for the guy my daddy/grandpa to vote for", does not deserve a vote.

I will finish this post on another annoying point of rednecks. They are still hung up on the civil war. They hate people from up north. They hate anything from up north. Whether it be a sports team, person, car you name it, they hate it. I dont know why they cannot let it go? They lost. Get over it, the south will not rise again. Worst part about it is that they are not well informed on the subject. They hate Great Britain but don't realize that England was on their side during the civil war.

In summary, be aware of rednecks. They are really stupid, misinformed, and perpetuators of false facts. (Not all republicans are rednecks, but ALL rednecks are republicans) These people are ultimately the reason why we got stuck with bush. The south overwhelmingly voted for bush. (although I get a kick out of listening to them whine about it now) If the Democratic party wants to win they need to find a canidate that will appeal to the rednecks and southerners in general. President Bill Clinton did. President Jimmy Carter did. We need a canidate that can mimic a southern draw.

Anyhow, be on the lookout for these dregs of society. If you work with them, make sure they dont operate heavy machinery (at least not around you). Try to nod alot during their conversations (they take that as a sign that you are listening) and try not to discuss any real topics, their feeble little, moonshine soaked, pea brains can't handle it.

No comments: